Public Comment Period - Draft 2019 CDBG Annual Action Plan
The DRAFT Community Development Block Grant 2019 Annual Action Plan is now available for comment (view Summary). This plan explains the strategic investments for an estimated $450,000 in CDBG funding. This CDBG PY 2019 Action Plan is available online, in paper and by email for public review and comment for 30 days as per the Olympia CDBG Citizen Participation Plan.
The 30 day period runs from May 8, 2019 – June 8 2019. Public comments can be submitted in the following ways:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- US mail: CDBG Program, City of Olympia, PO Box 1967, Olympia WA 98507
- Delivered in person: CDBG Program, City of Olympia, Olympia City Hall, 601 4th Avenue East, Olympia, WA 98501
- Public Testimony: June 4, 2019 Tuesday evening, 7 p.m. Olympia Council Public Hearing, Olympia City Hall, 601 4th Avenue East, Olympia WA 98501
Draft Amendment 2018 CDBG Annual Action Plan
The DRAFT Amendment to the Community Development Block Grant 2018 Annual Action Plan is now available for comment. The City proposes to add a $56,000 Tenant Assistance Program to the current Program Year 2018 using Program Income. This Draft Amendment is available online, in paper and by email for public review and comment for 30 days as per the Olympia CDBG Citizen Participation Plan.
The 30 day period runs from May 10, 2019 – June 10 2019. Public comments may submitted the same ways listed above.
Salvation Army Day Center Project- $300,000 in Federal CDBG Funding
The City proposed to provide $300,000 in federal funding to assist the Salvation Army's Day Center Project. This project will create a Day Center to provide the daytime part of the 24/7 homeless accommodations for residents of the Salvation Army's shelter. This project will involve the relocation of the community kitchen; expansion of dining room to accommodate up to 100 or more people at a time; and will enhance the overall operation of the Salvation Army's facility located at 808-824 5th Avenue SE, Olympia, WA. For more information on the project, the Environmental Review or about homelessness in general, please contact us at email@example.com.
What is the CDBG Program?
The City of Olympia receives federal CDBG funds from the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). According to the HUD website, the CDBG Program provides federal funds to "develop viable communities by providing decent housing, a suitable living environment and opportunities to expand economic opportunities, principally for low- and moderate-income persons." The City maintains a five-year strategic housing plan that outlines the priorities for CDBG grant funding. Each year, the City re-evaluates the plan to reflect the needs of the community. The Annual Action Plan serves as the blueprint for how Olympia will invest CDBG funds to address high-priority local needs. The Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER) provides information on the activities funded within a program year. The City has identified the following strategies for the five-year Consolidated Plan:
CDBG Plans and Reports
- Housing Rehabilitation
- Land Acquisition
- Public Facilities and Improvements
- Public Services.
- PY 2018 Annual Action Plan / PY 2018 Citizen's Summary (Sept 1, 2018 - Aug 31, 2019)
- 2018-2022 Regional Consolidated Plan Draft / 2018-2022 Citizen's Summary Draft
- PY 2013-2017 CDBG Consolidated Plan (17 MB) / PY 2013-2017 Citizen's Summary
- PY 2017 CAPER (Submitted to HUD on November 14, 2018)
- PY 2017 Annual Action Plan / PY 2017 Citizen's Summary (Sept 1, 2017 - Aug 31, 2018)
- PY 2016 CAPER (Submitted to HUD on November 15, 2017)
- PY 2016 Action Plan Projects-Amended
- PY 2016 Annual Action Plan / PY 2016 Citizen's Summary (Sept 1, 2016 - Aug 31, 2017)
- PY 2015 Annual Action Plan / PY 2015 Citizen's Summary (Sept 1, 2015 - Aug 31, 2016)
- PY 2015 CAPER (Submitted to HUD on November 15, 2016)
- PY 2014 Annual Action Plan (Sept 1, 2014-Aug 31, 2015)
- PY 2014 CAPER
- PY 2013 Action Plan Projects-Amended
- PY 2013 CAPER
- PY 2010-2012 CDBG Consolidated Plan / PY 2010-2012 Citizen's Summary Guide
- PY 2012 Annual Action Plan (Sept 1, 2012 - August 31, 2013)
- PY2012 CAPER (Submitted to HUD on November 15, 2013)
- PY 2011 Annual Action Plan (Sept 1, 2011-Aug 31, 2012)
- PY 2011 CAPER (Submitted to HUD on November 19, 2012)
- PY 2010 Annual Action Plan (Sept 1, 2010-Aug 31, 2011)
- PY 2010 CAPER (Submitted to HUD on November 15, 2011)
- PY 2005-2009 CDBG Consolidated Plan
- PY 2009 Annual Action Plan (Sept 1, 209-Aug 31, 2010)
- PY 2009 CAPER
- PY 2008 Annual Action Plan (Sept 1, 2008-Aug 31, 2009)
- PY 2008 CAPER
- 2006 Fair Housing Analysis of Impediments
Land Acquisition Program
This program assists with the purchase of real property for development of new, affordable housing developments for non-profit organizations such as Habitat for Humanity or Homes First!