Public Comment Period - PY 2019 Amendment to Allocate CDBG-CV3 COVID Funds
The City of Olympia invites the public to comment on the proposed amendment to program year 2019 to allocate CDBG-CV3 COVID funds of $370,161.00. Staff reports on the proposed amendment will be available for review on November 5, 2020 and can be found here under ‘Meeting Details’. Public comment will be received November 3 – November 10, 2020.
Please provide comments by email or public testimony:
- Public Testimony: Public Testimony: Tuesday, November 10, 2020, 5:30 p.m. via Zoom Webinar. Details and registration for the Public Hearing can be found here.
What is the CDBG Program?
The City of Olympia receives federal Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds from the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). According to the HUD website, the CDBG Program provides federal funds to "develop viable communities by providing decent housing, a suitable living environment and opportunities to expand economic opportunities, principally for low- and moderate-income persons." The City maintains a five-year strategic housing plan that outlines the priorities for CDBG grant funding. Each year, the City re-evaluates the plan to reflect the needs of the community. The Annual Action Plan serves as the blueprint for how Olympia will invest CDBG funds to address high-priority local needs. The Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER) provides information on the activities funded within a program year. The City has identified the following strategies for the five-year Consolidated Plan:
- Economic Development
- Housing Rehabilitation
- Land Acquisition
- Public Facilities and Improvements
- Public Services.
Land Acquisition Program
This program assists with the purchase of real property for development of new, affordable housing developments for non-profit organizations such as Habitat for Humanity or Homes First!
CDBG Plans and Reports
- PY 2018 Annual Action Plan / PY 2018 Citizen's Summary (Sept 1, 2018 - Aug 31, 2019)
- 2018-2022 Regional Consolidated Plan Draft / 2018-2022 Citizen's Summary Draft
- PY 2013-2017 CDBG Consolidated Plan (17 MB) / PY 2013-2017 Citizen's Summary
- PY 2017 CAPER (Submitted to HUD on November 14, 2018)
- PY 2017 Annual Action Plan / PY 2017 Citizen's Summary (Sept 1, 2017 - Aug 31, 2018)
- PY 2016 CAPER (Submitted to HUD on November 15, 2017)
- PY 2016 Action Plan Projects-Amended
- PY 2016 Annual Action Plan / PY 2016 Citizen's Summary (Sept 1, 2016 - Aug 31, 2017)
- PY 2015 Annual Action Plan / PY 2015 Citizen's Summary (Sept 1, 2015 - Aug 31, 2016)
- PY 2015 CAPER (Submitted to HUD on November 15, 2016)
- PY 2014 Annual Action Plan (Sept 1, 2014-Aug 31, 2015)
- PY 2014 CAPER
- PY 2013 Action Plan Projects-Amended
- PY 2013 CAPER
- PY 2010-2012 CDBG Consolidated Plan / PY 2010-2012 Citizen's Summary Guide
- PY 2012 Annual Action Plan (Sept 1, 2012 - August 31, 2013)
- PY2012 CAPER (Submitted to HUD on November 15, 2013)
- PY 2011 Annual Action Plan (Sept 1, 2011-Aug 31, 2012)
- PY 2011 CAPER (Submitted to HUD on November 19, 2012)
- PY 2010 Annual Action Plan (Sept 1, 2010-Aug 31, 2011)
- PY 2010 CAPER (Submitted to HUD on November 15, 2011)
- PY 2005-2009 CDBG Consolidated Plan
- PY 2009 Annual Action Plan (Sept 1, 209-Aug 31, 2010)
- PY 2009 CAPER
- PY 2008 Annual Action Plan (Sept 1, 2008-Aug 31, 2009)
- PY 2008 CAPER
- 2006 Fair Housing Analysis of Impediments