Domestic Partner Registry Application
The City of Olympia's Domestic Partnership Registration program (Olympia Municipal Code 2.82) is a means by which unmarried couples in committed on-going family relationships may document their relationships. This recognizes the diversity of family configurations, including lesbian, gay and unmarried heterosexual couples (and their children), and unmarried elderly partners.
Domestic Partnership Registration is voluntary and does not create any new or different legal rights or responsibilities, or any contractual relationships or obligations between the registrants.
- Who have a relationship of mutual support, caring and commitment, and
- Who share the same regular and permanent residence, and
- Who are both eighteen years of age or older, and
- Who are not married or related by blood in a manner that would bar their marriage in Washington State, and
- Who are each other's sole domestic partner.