About Arts Walk
Olympia Arts Walk is a semi-annual community event celebrating the arts. Thousands gather in downtown Olympia in both the Spring and Fall for a festive arts experience that uses creativity to connect and engage people from all walks of life.
Visual Artists and Performers that would like to be included on the event map or listed in the event schedule must partner with a downtown business or organization to display your work or present your performance. Contact any business in downtown Olympia and ask if they would be willing to host your work. Most business owners will want to see or hear a sample of your work prior to registration, so be prepared. For more information, please click the Registration Information & Application button below.
Whether you’re looking for a rich arts tradition to share with family and friends or innovative experiences that will engage your mind, body and soul, Olympia Arts Walk has something for you. Many of our unique downtown businesses and organizations transform their spaces into creative hubs filled with art, demonstrations, and performances. In the streets and sidewalks you will find pop up performances and places to connect around almost every corner.
Spring Arts Walk includes the incredible Procession of the Species produced by Earthbound Productions.
2020 Event Dates & Times
Spring Arts Walk
- Friday, April 24 (5-10 p.m.) & Saturday, April 25 (Noon-8 p.m )
Fall Arts Walk
- Friday, October 2 (5-10 p.m.) & Saturday, October 3 (Noon-5 p.m.)
Important Dates for Participants
- Spring registration opens January 1
- Spring Early Bird Registration Deadline: January 15
- Spring Final Registration Deadline: January 31
- Fall Early Bird Registration Deadline: June 30
- Fall Final Registration Deadline: July 15
- Cover Artist Application Deadline (to be considered for the following year): November 1
*Applications available online approximately 6 weeks before their corresponding deadline.
Olympia Arts Walk is presented by City of Olympia Arts Commission, the Parks, Arts & Recreation Department, with support from local businesses, event sponsors, community partners, and all who make this event possible.