About the Executive Office
The Executive Office, led by City Manager Steve Hall, supports the Olympia City Council by directing and coordinating work across departments, managing special projects, and sharing what the City is doing with our community.
The City of Olympia is working together to make a difference for a healthy, vibrant, beautiful Capital City. Everything we do is driven by our core values of compassion, integrity and effectiveness.
Information & Forms
- Steve Hall, City Manager
- Jay Burney, Assistant City Manager
- Kellie Purce Braseth, Strategic Communications Director
- Susan Grisham, Executive Assistant
Message from City Manager Steve Hall
Each day, I'm energized by the caring, creative and dedicated City employees and citizens who make great things happen in Olympia.
As City Manager, it's my responsibility to turn the Council's policy guidance into action. To do so, my vision is of an Olympia organization that is:
- Responsive - finding one way to say "yes" instead of three ways to say "no;"
- Flexible and Creative - trying something, learning from it, and moving forward;
- Helping the community help itself;
- A Fun place to work!
In my opinion, Olympia City employees exceed my expectations every day!
It's my sincere pleasure to serve the Olympia community. By working together, we will continue to make great things happen in Olympia.