The Information Technology Services line of business (IT Services) enables the City to better carry out its mission and serve its citizens. The framework for operations within IT Services is focused on seamless technology integration into the business processes which define the City of Olympia’s services to the public. This framework is designed to maximize the value of the investments made in information systems, hardware, software, and technology resources. Continuous improvement opportunities are identified through strategic planning, governance committees, research of emerging technologies and industry best practices.
IT Services provides centralized technology support and services including the following:
- Strategic technology planning
- Technology systems procurement and maintenance
- IT Project Management
- Hardware and software support
All support and services are delivered through a centralized Service Desk.
- Hardware - Includes all personal computers, laptops, PDAs, scanners, printers, fax machines, networked copiers, servers, switches, routers, fiber optics, phones, PBX, internet access, data storage, data backup/recovery, virus protection, spam filtering, and network security.
- Software - Includes multiple enterprise applications, operating systems, productivity, geographic information systems (GIS), imaging, recreation, public safety and over 1,300 miscellaneous software programs.
- Technical - Includes technology consulting, project management, procurement, business process re-engineering, and general information.