2015 Annual Comprehensive Plan Amendment Process
Olympia recently completed a major update of its Comprehensive Plan. Washington's Growth Management Act provides that a city like Olympia may consider amending the Plan once each year.
- Six amendments were initially proposed in 2015.
- In April, the City Council selected three for further consideration in 2015 and directed that staff begin a review process of a fourth to conclude in 2016.
- In 2015, the City will be reviewing proposals to (1) update the Waste ReSources (solid waste) section of the Plan, (2) revise the Plan with regard to certain local streets, and (3) amend the land use designation and zoning of about four acres along Capital Mall Drive east of Yauger Way.
- In addition, the Council directed City staff to begin evaluating the Kaiser/Harrison "opportunity area," with that process to conclude in 2016.
- Although the deadline for submitting proposals for consideration in 2015 has passed, other proposals for consideration in 2016 can be submitted at any time.
View the current Comprehensive Plan approved by the Olympia City Council on December 16, 2014 with an effective date of December 23, 2014. If you have questions about the Plan or the amendment process, please contact Todd Stamm at 360.753.8597 or email@example.com.
Capital Facilities Plan
Read the Capital Facilities Plan element of the Comprehensive Plan, including 20-year goals and policies and the 6-year financial plan, adopted for 2015-2020.
back to top