Comprehensive Plan and Capital Facilities Plan (CFP)
Olympia first adopted a Comprehensive Plan over fifty years ago. This Plan describes the community's long-term vision and goals. In 2014, the City completed 'Imagine Olympia,' a process that resulted in a major update of the Plan. The current Comprehensive Plan, and the Capital Facilities Plan element which includes a 6-year financing plan, can be viewed on-line.
2019 Annual Comprehensive Plan Amendment Process
Proposals to amend the Comprehensive Plan can be submitted at any time. To assure consideration in 2019, proposals were due to the Olympia Community Planning and Development Department by 5:00 p.m., Tuesday, November 13, 2018. One application was submitted by the deadline. It was submitted by the City of Olympia Administrative Services Department. It is under review by staff and will be scheduled before the City Council for screening in early 2019.
Preliminary Comprehensive Plan Amendment application
2018 Annual Comprehensive Plan Amendment Process
- Three preliminary applications were received, two of which advanced to the "final docket" after preliminary screening by the City Council on February 27, 2018.
- The Planning Commission held public hearings and made a recommendation to the City Council regarding each proposal. The City Council is scheduled to consider these amendments at its regular meeting on Tuesday, October 2, 2018. City council meetings begin at 7:00 p.m.
- City Council approved both of the proposed amendments at its meeting on October 2, 2018.
If you have questions about the process, contact Senior Planner Joyce Phillips by calling 360.570.3722 or emailing email@example.com
Community, Safety, & Health
- Inclusive, Respectful, Civic Participation
- A Safe & Prepared Community
- Health and Wellness
- Adequate Food and Shelter
- A Quality Education
- A Vibrant, Attractive Urban Destination
- A Safe and Welcoming Downtown For All
- A Mix of Urban Housing Options
- A Variety of Businesses
- Connections to Our Cultural & Historic Fabric
- Engaging Arts & Entertainment Experiences
- Abundant Local Products and Services
- A Thriving Arts and Entertainment Industry
- Sustainable Quality Infrastructure
- A Stable Thriving Economy
- Clean Water & Air
- A Daily Connection to Nature
- Preserved Quality Natural Areas
- A Toxin-Free Community
- A Waste-Free Culture
- Distinctive Places & Gathering Spaces
- Nearby Goods & Services
- Neighborhoods that are Engaged in Community Decision Making
- Safe and Welcoming Places to Live