Comprehensive Plan and Capital Facilities Plan (CFP)
Olympia first adopted a Comprehensive Plan over fifty years ago. This Plan describes the community's long-term vision and goals. In 2014, the City completed 'Imagine Olympia,' a process that resulted in a major update of the Plan. That current Comprehensive Plan, and the Capital Facilities Plan element which includes a 6-year financing plan, can be viewed on-line.
2018 Annual Comprehensive Plan Amendment Process
Proposals to amend the Comprehensive Plan can be submitted at any time. To assure consideration in 2018, proposals must be submitted to the Olympia Community Planning and Development Department by 5:00 p.m., Monday, November 13, 2017.
- Three preliminary applications have been received. All preliminary proposals are tentatively scheduled to be reviewed by the Council on February 27, 2018. Those deemed "worthy and appropriate' for further consideration will be placed on the final docket and referred to the Planning Commission for review during 2018. Application fees will be due prior to Commission review, at the time the final application is submitted.
- The Commission will host one or more public hearings and make a recommendation to the City Council regarding each proposal. Final review by the Council will conclude in the latter half of the calendar year.
2018 Annual Comprehensive Plan Amendment Application
If you have questions about the process, contact Senior Planner Joyce Phillips by calling 360.570.3722 or emailing email@example.com
Community, Safety, & Health
- Inclusive, Respectful, Civic Participation
- A Safe & Prepared Community
- Health and Wellness
- Adequate Food and Shelter
- A Quality Education
- A Vibrant, Attractive Urban Destination
- A Safe and Welcoming Downtown For All
- A Mix of Urban Housing Options
- A Variety of Businesses
- Connections to Our Cultural & Historic Fabric
- Engaging Arts & Entertainment Experiences
- Abundant Local Products and Services
- A Thriving Arts and Entertainment Industry
- Sustainable Quality Infrastructure
- A Stable Thriving Economy
- Clean Water & Air
- A Daily Connection to Nature
- Preserved Quality Natural Areas
- A Toxin-Free Community
- A Waste-Free Culture
- Distinctive Places & Gathering Spaces
- Nearby Goods & Services
- Neighborhoods that are Engaged in Community Decision Making
- Safe and Welcoming Places to Live