Olympia’s Comprehensive Plan Vision for Downtown is…
- Distinctive Places & Gathering Spaces
- Nearby Goods &Services
- Neighborhoods that are Engaged in Community Decision Making
- Safe and Welcoming Places to Live
The Neighborhood results map is our “road map.” It shows what strategies we will follow and actions we will take to achieve our vision. Many of the actions listed on the map will be led by the City initially, but we will be reaching out to many different government or community organizations to add new actions to the map or partner with us to carry out existing actions.
Community indicators help us track and share our progress in achieving our vision. We will use the data to support evaluating if our strategies and actions are effective. If what we’re doing isn’t working, we can explore other actions or seek out new partners to help us be more successful. View the list of all indicators on our indicator dashboard .
- Percentage of residents rating their neighborhood as a desirable place to live
- Percentage of City located within 1/2 mile of park or open space
- Percent of households within recognized neighborhood associations
- Percent of residents rating their neighborhood as safe
- Percent of housing units within 1/2 miles of walking route to essential services
For more information, contact Stacey Ray, Community Planning and Development, at 360.753.8046 or email@example.com.
To stay updated on the Action Plan, sign-up for the 'City Plans and Strategies' e-newsletter at olympiawa.gov/subscribe.