Jim was elected in 2011 to complete the open term of Position #7, ending December 2013. He was elected in November 2013 to a four year term that will conclude on December 31, 2017.
Jim has 23 years of nonprofit, corporate and government leadership experience working with community organizations, governments and businesses to achieve positive outcomes for people and the environment. In addition to City Council he works as the President and CEO for United Ways of the Pacific Northwest.
As an Army veteran, Eagle Scout and activist, Jim works to stand up for issues that affect health and safety while aiming at his personal goal of Olympia becoming the best place in America to grow up and live.
Jim loves the outdoors and lives in the South Carlyon Neighborhood with his wife Thomasina and daughter Maggie.
- Community & Economic Revitalization Committee
- Community Investment Partnership - Alternate
- Economic Development Council - Alternate
- EMSC Medic 1 - Alternate
- Finance Committee, Chair
- Intercity Transit Authority Board - Alternate
- Law & Justice Council - Alternate
- LEOFF Disability Board - Alternate
- Olympia Region Clean Air Agency
- Utility Advisory Committee
Mail: Olympia City Council, PO Box 1967, Olympia, WA 98507-1967
Phone: 360.753.8447 (City Council office)
*All correspondence to a Councilmember is a public record potentially eligible for release.