The Olympia Planning Commission (OPC) was formed in 1935 to advise the City Council on the long range growth and development of Olympia, including changes to the City's land use regulations. The OPC conducts public hearings and other forums throughout the year to seek public input on items under their consideration.
The Olympia Planning Commission meets on the 1st and 3rd Mondays of the month, at 6:30 p.m., in Olympia City Hall Room 207, 601 4th Avenue East (unless otherwise noted below).
View 2016 Meeting Dates
- January 4, 25
- February 1, 22
- March 7, 21
- April 4, 18
- May 2, 16
- June 6, 20
- July 11, 18
- August 1, 15
- September 19
- October 3, 17
- November 7, 21
- December 5
Get additional meeting details, agendas, and minutes on our online meeting calendar
Membership Criteria & Appointment Information
- Julie Hankins, City Council Liaison
- Mike Auderer, Vice Chair - term ends 2018
- Travis Burns, - term ends 2019
- Paula Ehlers - term ends 2018
- Darrell Hoppe - term ends 2017
- Negheen Kamkar - term ends 2019
- Brian Mark, Chair - term ends 2018
- Vacant - term ends 2017
- Carole Richmond - term ends 2017
- Missy Watts - term ends 2019
- Nine (9) members, of which a majority must be residents of the City of Olympia or Olympia's Urban Growth Area.
- Planning Commissioners also serve as liaisons to several other City advisory committees.
- Term: 3 years, ends March 31
- Appointed by: Olympia City Council
To aid the full Commission in preparing recommendation to the City Council, members of this subcommittee review the annual update of the City’s Capital Facilities Plan in detail.
Contact Staff Liaison, Joyce Phillips, at 360.570.3722, or firstname.lastname@example.org