Olympia Planning Commission (OPC)
The Olympia Planning Commission was formed in 1935 to advise the City Council on the long range growth and development of Olympia, including changes to the City's Comprehensive Plan and zoning ordinance.
Planning Commission Agenda and Minutes
- Kim Andresen, Vice Chair and Interim Chair - term expires 2016
- Jessica Bateman, Finance Subcommittee Chair - term expires 2018
- Max Brown, (Planning Commission co-liaison to PBIA) - term expires 2016
- Darrell Hoppe, (Planning Commission liaison to the Design Review Board and co-liaison to the Parks & Recreation Advisory Committee) - term expires 2017
- Roger Horn - (Planning Commission liaison to the Coalition of Neighborhood Associations and co-liaison to PBIA) term expires 2018
- Jerome Parker, (Planning Commission co-liaison to to PBIA) - term expires 2017
- Robert Ragland - term expires 2018
- Carole Richmond, (Planning Commission liaison to the Utility Advisory Committee) - term expires 2017
- Missy Watts - term expires 2016
Nine (9) members, of which a majority must be residents of the City of Olympia or Olympia's Urban Growth Area.
Term of Appointment
3 years unless appointed midterm
Meeting Date, Time, Place
The Commission normally meets the 1st and 3rd Mondays of each month. Due to holidays the first September meeting and the last December meeting are canceled; other meetings falling on holidays occur one week later. Meetings start at 6:30 p.m. and are held at Olympia City Hall, 601 4th Avenue East, unless otherwise noticed. Check the online City of Olympia calendar for more information, Calendar.
The Commission may also hold "Special meetings" from time-to-time; these are publicly noticed.
This Commission has a heavy workload with significant advance reading and meeting preparation. The Commission also has a Finance Sub-committee and ad-hoc or other sub-committees from time-to-time. The Planning Commission conducts public hearings and other forums throughout the year to seek public input on items under their consideration. Planning Commissioners also serve as liaisons to several other City advisory commtitees.
Planning Commission's Work Plan for April 1, 2015 to March 31, 2016.
The City Council approved the Commission's work plan on Tuesday, March 31, 2015. View the Commission's Work Plan (PDF).
Staff Liaison to the Olympia Planning Commission
Todd Stamm, Principal Planner
City of Olympia
How to Contact:
Forward an email to the staff liaison for distribution, or mail to:
Olympia Planning Commission
City of Olympia
P.O. Box 1967
Olympia, WA 98507-1967
Email for general Planning Commission topics: email@example.com. Please put Attn: Planning Commission in the subject line or at the top of your message. Do not use the cpdinfo email address for comments on the Imagine Olympia Comprehensive Plan process or the Shoreline Master Program update.
Shoreline Master Program: Comment by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.