Comprehensive Plan and Shoreline Master Program Updates
Get the latest on the Comprehensive Plan update at imagineolympia.com
Get the latest on the Shoreline Master Program update at olympiawa.gov/smp
Olympia Planning Commission (OPC)
The Olympia Planning Commission was formed in 1935 to advise the City Council on the long range growth and development of Olympia, including changes to the City's Comprehensive Plan and zoning ordinance.
Planning Commission Agenda and Minutes
- Kim Andresen, Vice Chair - term expires 2016
- Judy Bardin, (Planning Commission liaison to the Olympia Heritage Commission) - term expires 2015
- Jessica Bateman - term expires 2015
- Max Brown, Chair (Planning Commission liaison to the City Council CERC Citizen's Advisory Committee) - term expires 2016
- Darrell Hoppe, (Planning Commission liaison to the Design Review Board and the Parks & Recreation Advisory Committee) - term expires 2017
- Roger Horn, Finance Subcommittee Chair - term expires 2015
- Jerome Parker, (Planning Commission liaison to the Bicycle & Pedestrian Advisory Committee and the City Council CERC Citizen's Advisory Committee) - term expires 2017
- Carole Richmond, (Planning Commission liaison to the Utility Advisory Committee) - term expires 2017
- Missy Watts - term expires 2016
Nine (9) members, of which a majority must be residents of the City of Olympia or Olympia's Urban Growth Area.
Term of Appointment
1, 2, and 3 years
Meeting Date, Time, Place
The Commission normally meets the 1st and 3rd Mondays of each month. Due to holidays in January, February and September, the Commission meets the 2nd and 4th Mondays. Meetings start at 6:30 p.m. and are held at Olympia City Hall, 601 4th Avenue East, unless otherwise noticed. Check the online City of Olympia calendar for more information, Calendar.
The Commission may also hold "Special meetings" from time-to-time; these are publically noticed.
This Commission has a heavy workload with significant advance reading and meeting preparation. The Commission also has a Finance Sub-committee and ad-hoc or sub-committees from time-to-time. Planning Commissioners also serve as liaisons to several other City advisory committees.
The Planning Commission conducts public hearings and other forums throughout the year to seek public input on items under their consideration.
Staff Liaison to the Olympia Planning Commission
Amy Buckler, Associate Planner
City of Olympia
How to Contact:
Forward an email to the staff liaison for distribution, or mail to:
Olympia Planning Commission
City of Olympia
P.O. Box 1967
Olympia, WA 98507-1967
Email for general Planning Commission topics: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put Attn: Planning Commission in the subject line or at the top of your message. Do not use the cpdinfo email address for comments on the Imagine Olympia Comprehensive Plan process or the Shoreline Master Program update.
Imagine Olympia Comprehensive Plan Update: Send an email to email@example.com.
Shoreline Master Program: Comment by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.