The Law Enforcement Officer and Firefighter (LEOFF) Disability Board is responsible for administering State law (RCW 41.26 Law Enforcement Officers and Fire Fighters retirement system) regarding all requests for disability leave, medical and dental treatment, and disability retirement for City of Olympia members of the LEOFF 1 pension system.
The LEOFF Disability Board meets on the 2nd Monday of the month, at 5:30 p.m., in Olympia City Hall Room 112, 601 4th Avenue East (unless otherwise noted below).
View 2017 Meeting Dates
- February 13
- March 13
- April 10
- May 8
- June 12
- July 10
- August 14
- September 11
- October 9
- November 13
- December 11
Get additional meeting details, agendas, and minutes on our online meeting calendar.
Membership Criteria & Appointment Information
- Jim Cooper, Chair (Mayor appointee) - term ends 2/2018
- Jessica Bateman, Vice Chair (Councilmember) - term ends 2/2018
- Jack Seward (Fire Dept.) - term ends 8/2018
- Russ Gies (Police Dept.) term ends 8/2018
- Caleb Martin (Public-at-large) term ends 10/2018
- The LEOFF Board consists of the Mayor or Mayor appointee, one Councilmember, one active or retired firefighter representative, one active or retired law enforcement officer representative, and one member of the public-at-large appointed by the remaining members of the Board.
- Term: 2 years
LEOFF 1 Member Resources
Medical - Medicare Advantage
Vision - VSP
Contact Staff Liaison, Carl Watts, at 360.753.8305 or firstname.lastname@example.org