The Olympia Heritage Commission (OHC) was established in 1983 to advise the City Council on matters related to the recognition, enhancement and continued use of buildings, sites, districts and objects of historical significance within the City and to serve as the City's primary resource in matters of historic preservation.
The Heritage Commission meets on the 4th Wednesday of the month, at 6:30 p.m., in Olympia City Hall Room 207, 601 4th Avenue East (unless otherwise noted below).
View 2018 Meeting Dates
- January 24
- No February meeting
- March 28
- April 25
- May 23 (Meeting moved to May 30)
- June 27 (Canceled)
- No July meeting
- August 22
- September 26 (Canceled)
- October 24
- December 5 (postponed due to Thanksgiving holiday; last meeting of the year)
Get additional meeting details, agendas, and minutes on our online meeting calendar.
Membership Criteria & Appointment Information
- Renata Rollins, City Council Liaison
- Audrey Henley - term ends 2021
- Holly Davies - term ends 2020
- Dwayne Harkness* - term ends 2019
- Maurice Major* - term ends 2020
- Ben Helle* - term ends 2020
- Kat Kelly*, Chair - term ends 2018
- Garner Miller* - term ends 2019
- Rachel Newmann - term ends 2020
- Heather Walker* - term ends 2021
- Sheila Swalling* - term ends 2018
- Nick Vann* - term ends 2019
- Eleven members, of which a majority must reside in the City of Olympia or Olympia's Urban Growth Area.
- Must include at least four professionals from fields such as architecture, historic preservation, anthropology, history, and law who have experience in identifying, evaluating and protecting historic places. * above indicates professional appointment.
- Term: 3 years, ends March 31
- Appointed by: Olympia City Council
Heritage Review Committee
Evaluates and makes recommendations on building permit, Olympia Heritage Register, and tax incentive applications.
Organizes public programs like Olympia Heritage Month activities each May.
Contact Staff Liaison, Marygrace Goddu, at 360.753.8031 or firstname.lastname@example.org