Boards and commissions will be holding their meetings online until further notice. You can register to attend the Zoom meetings using a link posted in the meeting agendas.
The Civil Service Commission was created in 1935 to consider a variety of personnel matters relating to the civil service rules that govern the appointment, promotion, transfer, layoff, recruitment, retention, classification, removal, discipline and welfare of Olympia Police and Fire Department employees.
The Civil Service Commission meets on the 3rd Tuesday of the month, at 8:30 a.m., in Olympia City Hall Room 112, 601 4th Avenue East (unless otherwise noted below).
View 2020 Meeting Dates
- January 21
- February 18
- March 17
- April 21
- May 19
- June 16
- July 21
- August 18
- September 15
- October 20
- November 17
- December 15
Get additional meeting details, agendas, and minutes on our online meeting calendar .
Membership Criteria & Appointment Information
- Linda Villegas Bremer, Chair - term ends May 2021
- Reiko Callner - term ends March 2026
- Oscar Soule - term ends November 2021
- Each member must be a resident of the City of Olympia and a registered voter in Thurston County, Washington.
- Term: 6 years
- Appointed by: City Manager
Contact Staff Liaison, Nicole Camus, at 360.753.8213 or email@example.com