The Civil Service Commission was created in 1935 to consider a variety of personnel matters relating to the civil service rules that govern the appointment, promotion, transfer, layoff, recruitment, retention, classification, removal, discipline and welfare of Olympia Police and Fire Department employees.
The Civil Service Commission meets on the 3rd Tuesday of the month, at 8:30 a.m., in Olympia City Hall Room 112, 601 4th Avenue East (unless otherwise noted below).
View 2018 Meeting Dates
- January 16
- February 20
- March 20
- April 17
- May 15
- June 12
- July 17
- August 21
- September 18
- October 16
- November 20
- December 18
Get additional meeting details, agendas, and minutes on our online meeting calendar .
Membership Criteria & Appointment Information
- Linda Villegas Bremer, Chair - term ends May 2021
- Reiko Callner - term ends March 2020
- Oscar Soule - term ends November 2022
- Each member must be a resident of the City of Olympia and a registered voter in Thurston County, Washington.
- Term: 6 years
- Appointed by: City Manager
Contact Staff Liaison, Nicole Camus, at 360.753.8213 or firstname.lastname@example.org