The Civil Service Commission was created in 1935 to consider a variety of personnel matters relating to the civil service rules that govern the appointment, promotion, transfer, layoff, recruitment, retention, classification, removal, discipline and welfare of Olympia Police and Fire Department employees.
The Civil Service Commission meets on the 3rd Tuesday of the month, at 8:30 a.m., in Olympia City Hall Room 112, 601 4th Avenue East (unless otherwise noted below).
View 2016 Meeting Dates
- January 19
- February 16
- March 15
- April 19
- May 17
- June 21
- July 19
- August 16
- September 20
- October 18
- November 15
- December 20
Get additional meeting details, agendas, and minutes on our online meeting calendar .
Membership Criteria & Appointment Information
- Linda Villegas Bremer, Chair - term ends May 2021
- Reiko Callner - term ends March 2020
- Oscar Soule - term ends November 2016
- Each member must be a resident of the City of Olympia and a registered voter in Thurston County, Washington.
- Term: 6 years
- Appointed by: City Manager
Contact Staff Liaison, Amy Cleveland, at 360.753.8110 or email@example.com