Out of an abundance of caution and concern for the safety and health of our employees and community volunteers, we have canceled all advisory board and commission meeting until further notice.
The Arts Commission was created to help enrich the lives of the people of this region by making visual, performing and literary arts vital elements in the life of our community. The Commission works to support local artists through networking, skill development and visibility through a variety of unique opportunities.
The Arts Commission meets on the 2nd Thursday of the month, at 6:00 p.m., in Olympia City Hall Council Chambers, 601 4th Avenue East (unless otherwise noted below).
View 2019 Meeting Dates
- January 10, 2019
- February 14, 2019
- March 14, 2019
- April 11, 2019
- May 9, 2019 (4pm, The Olympia Center, Room 100)
- June 13, 2019
- July 11, 2019
- August 8, 2019
- September 12, 2019
- October 10, 2019 (4pm, Harbor House)
- November 14, 2019
- December 12, 2019
Get additional meeting details, agendas, and minutes on our online meeting calendar .
Membership Criteria & Appointment Information
Timothy Grisham, Chair - term ends 2020
- Frederick Dobler, Vice-Chair - term ends in 2021
- Stacy Hicks - term ends 2022
- Kathy A. Murray - term ends 2021
- Katherine Williams - term ends 2021
- Jim Burlingame - term ends 2022
- Kathryn Dorgan - term ends 2022
- Kevin McManus - term ends 2022
- Rose Emerson - term ends 2023
- A majority of members of the Olympia Arts Commission must reside in the City of Olympia or Olympia's Urban Growth Area.
- Term: 3 years, ends March 31
- Appointed by: Olympia City Council
Community Events & Outreach
Art in Public Places
The Community Events & Outreach Committee (CEO) provides policy support and direction for Arts Commission programs (except for Public Art).
The Art in Public Places Committee (APP) provides recommendation to Council on acquisition of new artworks for the City’s Public Art Collection.
Contact Staff Liaison, Stephanie Johnson, at 360.709.2678 or email@example.com