Boards and commissions will be holding their meetings online until further notice. You can register to attend the Zoom meetings using a link posted in the meeting agendas.
The Arts Commission was created to help enrich the lives of the people of this region by making visual, performing and literary arts vital elements in the life of our community. The Commission works to support local artists through networking, skill development and visibility through a variety of unique opportunities.
The Arts Commission meets on the 2nd Thursday of the month, at 6:00 p.m., in Olympia City Hall Council Chambers, 601 4th Avenue East (unless otherwise noted below).
View 2020 Meeting Dates
- January 9, 2020
- February 13, 2020
- March 12, 2020
- April 9, 2020
- May 14, 2020
- June 11, 2020
- July 9, 2020
- August 13, 2020
- September 10, 2020
- October 8, 2020 (4pm, Harbor House)
- November 12, 2020
- December 10, 2020
Get additional meeting details, agendas, and minutes on our online meeting calendar .
Membership Criteria & Appointment Information
Timothy Grisham, Chair - term ends 2020
- Frederick Dobler, Vice-Chair - term ends in 2021
- Stacy Hicks - term ends 2022
- Kathy A. Murray - term ends 2021
- Katherine Williams - term ends 2021
- Jim Burlingame - term ends 2022
- Kathryn Dorgan - term ends 2022
- Kevin McManus - term ends 2022
- Rose Emerson - term ends 2023
- A majority of members of the Olympia Arts Commission must reside in the City of Olympia or Olympia's Urban Growth Area.
- Term: 3 years, ends March 31
- Appointed by: Olympia City Council
Community Events & Outreach
Art in Public Places
The Community Events & Outreach Committee (CEO) provides policy support and direction for Arts Commission programs (except for Public Art).
The Art in Public Places Committee (APP) provides recommendation to Council on acquisition of new artworks for the City’s Public Art Collection.
Contact Staff Liaison, Stephanie Johnson, at 360.709.2678 or firstname.lastname@example.org