Do You Know What Comes Out of Your Business?
The City of Olympia offers FREE waste assessments to businesses, schoools and other organizations in effort to help them reduce waste. This also aligns with Olympia's goals of moving toward zero waste.
What Happens At a Waste Assessment?
To start, we will visit your business at a time that works best for you. Our staff will review what material your business generates (garbage, recyclables and compostables).
Our staff will help you look for the most economical and environmentally preferred options for reducing, reusing or disposing of materials.
After the visit, you will receive a written assessment from our staff, complete with recommendations and helpful tips on how to improve and/or streamline your waste and collection efforts.
A Waste Assessment Helps Determine the Following:
- Types & amounts of material your business generates;
- Whether items can be reused, recycled or diverted from your waste stream;
- How to best collect your materials;
- Optimum size of containers needed for your business;
- Potential cost savings; and
- Whether Commercial Organics Collection is right for your business.
Did You Know?
Arrange for Your FREE Waste Assessment
If you are a business, school or organization within the City of Olympia, contact Spencer Orman at 360.753.8752 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a meeting.
Outside city limits? Visit Thurston County Solid Waste's website to learn more about Waste Audits outside Olympia.